Sorrel - Wally Three
Sorrel - Wally Three
Red Veined Sorrel has stunning foliage with elongated, medium green leaves, exquisitely veined in a brilliant burgundy-purple. This is a hardy perennial, suitable for growing in cool seasons. An attractive clump of leaves forms quickly and sends up red flower-clusters in early summer, followed by brown seed heads.
As a bonus, this plant is incredibly deer-resistant.
All Pre-Planted in a Wally Three Pocket
This Pre-Planted Kit will come with a Planter (15" tall x 64" wide) in your choice of color, the best potting soil for your plants, AND the plants described above.
The Planter is made from 100% recycled plastic water bottles woven into a soft felt material, these pockets provide both proper air circulation and the correct balance of water retention and drainage that your plants need.
WANT TO ADD OTHER EDIBLE PLANTS? Just click add to cart then complete the form in the pop-up window to select your additional plants.
The plants in this collection are in the Direct Sun light category. To learn more about what that means click here to view the Successful Indoor Gardening page.
More about the Planter...
INDOOR - With a Reservoir - includes a military grade, built-in moisture barrier that wraps around the bottom of the Pocket, from back to front. This barrier creates a reservoir to ensure walls and floors don't get wet. The barrier also conserves water and helps to keep soil's nutrition in your Pocket. Best choice for INDOOR gardens.
OUTDOOR - Without a Reservoir -good for outdoor applications in rainy environments, it has a recessed moisture barrier that allows proper drainage when it rains.
How to HANG and WATER this Wally
Universal fasteners and wall anchors are all included. Wally pockets have grommets, spaced 22" apart, at the top of the pocket. All you need to do is screw included fasteners through the grommets and into the vertical surface you are planting on. Detailed instructions can be found here.
You can water by hand, or install an Automatic Irrigation System to do the watering for you. Click here for more information.
More about the Plants...
- Soil: Sorrel prefers rich, moist, well-drained soil that has a mildly acidic pH..*
- Water: Sorrel will tolerate some drought, but it is best to keep the soil evenly moist for maximum production.*
- Food: Like any green leafy vegetable, it will grow better with a good supply of nitrogen. However, fertilizing isn't necessary because it will grow in almost any soil.*
- Harvesting: Leaves can be harvested any time, but are better when they're small and tender. They tend to be mildly flavored early on and gradually gain their characteristic acidity and flavor as the season progresses.
- Harvest before the first fall frost kills all growth.
- Did You Know?: Sorrel is an excellent source of Vitamin C, A, and B9. It's also a good source of iron, magnesium, and calcium.Leeks are a good source of vitamin C, potassium and calcium.*
- * Source: (www.smartgardener.com, 2014).