Medicinal Herb Garden - Wally One
Medicinal Herb Garden - Wally One
Wormwood, Patchouli, Hyssop, Southern Wood, Santolina, Yerba Buena
Build a beautiful herbal first-aid kit and skip the pharmacy. Like all Garden In A Box products, you can choose which of these herbs you would like in your garden. We always try to accommodate substitutions as well.
Pre-Planted in a Wally One Pocket
This Garden in a Box Kit will come with a Planter (15" tall x 24" wide) in your choice of color, the best potting soil for your plants, AND the plants described above.
The Planter is made from 100% recycled plastic water bottles woven into a soft felt material, these pockets provide both proper air circulation and the correct balance of water retention and drainage that your plants need.
WANT TO ADD OTHER EDIBLE PLANTS? Just click add to cart then complete the form in the pop-up window to select your additional plants.
The plants in this collection are in the Direct Sun light category. To learn more about what that means, click here to view the Successful Indoor Gardening page.
More about the Planter...
INDOOR - With a Reservoir - includes a military grade, built-in moisture barrier that wraps around the bottom of the Pocket, from back to front. This barrier creates a reservoir to ensure walls and floors don't get wet. The barrier also conserves water and helps to keep soil's nutrition in your Pocket. Best choice for INDOOR gardens.
OUTDOOR - Without a Reservoir -good for outdoor applications in rainy environments, it has a recessed moisture barrier that allows proper drainage when it rains.
How to HANG and WATER this Wally
Universal fasteners and wall anchors are all included. Wally pockets have grommets, spaced 22" apart, at the top of the pocket. All you need to do is screw included fasteners through the grommets and into the vertical surface you are planting on. Detailed instructions can be found here.
You can water by hand, or install an Automatic Irrigation System to do the watering for you. Click here for more information.
More about the plants...
- Wormwood is used for various digestion problems such as loss of appetite, upset stomach, gall bladder disease, and intestinal spasms. Wormwood is also used to treat fever, liver disease, and worm infections; to increase sexual desire; as a tonic; and to stimulate sweating.
- Patchouli has many uses. The most common uses are as an anti-depressant (uplift the mood and reduces stress), an anti-phlogistic (helps reduce fever and inflammation), an antiseptic (help treat wounds and infection), an antiseptic (helps treat wounds and infection), and a deodorant among many other uses.
- Hyssop has been documented to have over 80 different medicinal uses, including treatments for asthma, cancer, insomnia, and colds.
- Southernwood , like wormwood, is used to treat intestinal worm infections.
- Santolina flowers and leaves were once used to make tea for expelling intestinal worms. Folk medicine also saw use of santolina tea for an eye wash. Today it is mostly used to repel insects. It is placed in sachets in clothing or linen drawers, or entire branches may be hung in wardrobes for repelling moths and insects. It is also hung in pantries and kitchens to keep insects away from food stocks.
- Yerba Buena is commonly used as a pain reliever (good for headaches, stomach aches and tooth aches), for arthritic pain, as an expectorant, to treat menstrual and gas pain, and to relieve insect bite irritation.