Fern Gully - Wally One
Fern Gully - Wally One
Foxtail Fern, Boston Fern, Burgundy Lace Painted Ferns, Dwarf, Mother Fern, Austral Gem Fern, Hasta Fern, East Indian Holly Fern, Lemon Butter Fern, and Silver Dollar Fern
All Pre-Planted in a Wally One Pocket
This Garden in a Box Kit will come with a Planter (15" tall x 24" wide) in your choice of color, the best potting soil for your plants, AND the plants described above.
The Planter is made from 100% recycled plastic water bottles woven into a soft felt material, these pockets provide both proper air circulation and the correct balance of water retention and drainage that your plants need.
The plants in this collection are in the Some Direct Sun light category. To learn more about what that means, click here to view the Successful Indoor Gardening page.
INDOOR - With a Reservoir - includes a military grade, built-in moisture barrier that wraps around the bottom of the Pocket, from back to front. This barrier creates a reservoir to ensure walls and floors don't get wet. The barrier also conserves water and helps to keep soil's nutrition in your Pocket. Best choice for INDOOR gardens.
OUTDOOR - Without a Reservoir -good for outdoor applications in rainy environments, it has a recessed moisture barrier that allows proper drainage when it rains.
How to HANG and WATER this Wally
Universal fasteners and wall anchors are all included. Wally pockets have grommets, spaced 22" apart, at the top of the pocket. All you need to do is screw included fasteners through the grommets and into the vertical surface you are planting on. Detailed instructions can be found here.
You can water by hand, or install an Automatic Irrigation System to do the watering for you. Click here for more information.
More about the plants...
- Foxtail Ferns add unusual texture to this vertical garden. The stems are long and plumy with needle-like leaves. Like most ferns, this plant desires temperatures above 50 degrees F with a good amount of humidity.
- Boston Ferns are both beautiful and helpful in their ability to clean and filter air. Despite popular opinion, this and most other ferns are not shade lovers indoors. Good indirect light is best. An east or north facing windowsill is ideal.
- Burgundy Lace Painted Ferns add a splash of silver and burgundy-purple to this wall. Along with these other ferns, this plant requires wet or constantly moist soil.
- Dwarf Asparagus Fern, with its fine textured foliage, adds a softening contrast to the bold textures on this wall. It will grow dense and upright, topping out around 15 in. tall.
- Mother Ferns, named for the mature plants production of numerous tiny plantlets, has finely divided woody fronds. Misting is a requirement.
- Austral Gem Ferns are perfect for indoor gardens because the waxy coating on the leaves gives a shiny appearance and prevents the leaves from drying out and creating a mess inside.
The other ferns pictured above have similar requirements. Their availability is subject to change. Ferns are not difficult to grow inside or out (zones 9 –11), but they will not tolerate neglect.