Clean Air - FloraFelt 12-Pocket
Clean Air - FloraFelt 12-Pocket
This wall combines several plants that filter out common volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Indoor air is typically far more polluted than outdoor air and luckily for us these particular plants are perfect natural filters.
All Pre-Planted in a FloraFelt 12-Pocket Planter!
The 12 "pockets" on this planter are made from recycled P.E.T. water bottles woven into thick indestructible plastic felt, making this planter good for the environment and good for your plants, by providing a perfect moisture and air circulation balance.
SIZE: 32" wide x 24" high x 5-1/2" deep.
WEIGHT: 5-lbs (about 20-lbs planted).
INCLUDES: Planter, Root Wrappers, Irrigation Hose, Mounting Hooks, and Plants
The plants in this collection are in the Semi-Shade light category. To learn more about what that means, click here to view the Successful Indoor Gardening page.
The 12 felt pockets on this planter stretch open to receive twelve 4 to 6 inch potted plants. Each pocket is 10" wide by 6" deep. Included Root Wrappers (felt wrappers used to wrap each individual plant) make it easy to change, arrange and handle plants. You can hand water each pocket or connect your garden to an automatic drip irrigation system. We have a Wall Mounted Automatic Irrigation System designed specifically for this vertical garden planter. Click here to jump to that page.
What About the Floors & Walls? Will they get wet?
No! The plastic backing board acts as a moisture barrier that prevents moisture from getting behind the pockets. The barrier also conserves water and helps to keep soil's nutrition where your plant needs it. You can either water your garden outside or put a catch basin of sort under your garden while you water inside.
Want A Larger Living Wall?
You can create a larger vertical garden by stacking these systems together. Stack one on top of another and you have a vertical garden 48" tall and 32" wide. Put two side by side and you have a 24" tall x 64" wide vertical garden.
More about the plants...
- Peace lilies are among the very few air purifying plants that flower. They adapt well to low light, require weekly watering and are great cleaners of benzene (carcinogen found in paints and furniture wax) and acetone (emitted by electronics, adhesives, and cleaning products).
- Spider Plants or Airplane Plants are a great plant for beginner or busy gardeners. It reproduces quickly, growing long hanging stems which sprout plantlets. This plant will filter both formaldehyde (found in some pressed wood products including cabinetry, plywood paneling, and furniture) and benzene molecules.
- Heart leaf Philodendron is a climbing vine plant that is a natural workhorse for removing all kinds of VOCs, particularly formaldehyde. It does well with other plants requiring bright but sunless light conditions and moist by not wet soil. Please note that it is poisonous when eaten so it is not a good choice for those with children or pets who may eat the leaves.
- Golden Pothos is another easy care natural air cleaner. It tackles formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, and benzene particularly well.
- Boston Ferns are considered one of the most efficient air filters. It is a good idea to provide humidity for this plant to perform at its best.
- Hedera helix is another easy care houseplant which excels at absorbing formaldehyde and VOCs.