Fern Gully - FloraFelt 12-Pocket
Fern Gully - FloraFelt 12-Pocket
Foxtail Fern, Boston Fern, Burgundy Lace Painted Ferns, Dwarf, Mother Fern, Austral Gem Fern, Hasta Fern, East Indian Holly Fern, Lemon Butter Fern, and Silver Dollar Fern
All Pre-Planted in a FloraFelt 12-Pocket Planter!
The 12 "pockets" on this planter are made from recycled P.E.T. water bottles woven into thick indestructible plastic felt, making this planter good for the environment and good for your plants, by providing a perfect moisture and air circulation balance.
SIZE: 32" wide x 24" high x 5-1/2" deep.
WEIGHT: 5-lbs (about 20-lbs planted).
INCLUDES: Root Wrappers, Irrigation Hose, Mounting Hooks, and Plants
The plants in this collection are in the Some Direct Sun light category. To learn more about what that means, click here to view the Successful Indoor Gardening page.
The 12 felt pockets on this planter stretch open to receive twelve 4 to 6 inch potted plants. Each pocket is 10" wide by 6" deep. Included Root Wrappers (felt wrappers used to wrap each individual plant) make it easy to change, arrange and handle plants. You can hand water each pocket or connect your garden to an automatic drip irrigation system. We have a Wall Mounted Automatic Irrigation System designed specifically for this vertical garden planter. Click here to jump to that page.
What About the Floors & Walls? Will they get wet?
No! The plastic backing board acts as a moisture barrier that prevents moisture from getting behind the pockets. The barrier also conserves water and helps to keep soil's nutrition where your plant needs it. You can either water your garden outside or put a catch basin of sort under your garden while you water inside.
Want A Larger Living Wall?
You can create a larger vertical garden by stacking these systems together. Stack one on top of another and you have a vertical garden 48" tall and 32" wide. Put two side by side and you have a 24" tall x 64" wide vertical garden.
More about the plants...
- Foxtail Ferns add unusual texture to this vertical garden. The stems are long and plumy with needle-like leaves. Like most ferns, this plant desires temperatures above 50 degrees F with a good amount of humidity.
- Boston Ferns are both beautiful and helpful in their ability to clean and filter air. Despite popular opinion, this and most other ferns are not shade lovers indoors. Good indirect light is best. An east or north facing windowsill is ideal.
- Burgundy Lace Painted Ferns add a splash of silver and burgundy-purple to this wall. Along with these other ferns, this plant requires wet or constantly moist soil.
- Dwarf Asparagus Fern, with its fine textured foliage, adds a softening contrast to the bold textures on this wall. It will grow dense and upright, topping out around 15 in. tall.
- Mother Ferns, named for the mature plants production of numerous tiny plantlets, has finely divided woody fronds. Misting is a requirement.
- Austral Gem Ferns are perfect for indoor gardens because the waxy coating on the leaves gives a shiny appearance and prevents the leaves from drying out and creating a mess inside.
The other ferns pictured above have similar requirements. Their availability is subject to change. Ferns are not difficult to grow inside or out (zones 9 –11), but they will not tolerate neglect.