Clean Air - Wally One
Clean Air - Wally One
This wall combines several plants that filter out common volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Indoor air is typically far more polluted than outdoor air and luckily for us these particular plants are perfect natural filters.
All Pre-Planted in a Wally One Pocket
This Garden in a Box Kit will come with a Planter (15" tall x 24" wide) in your choice of color, the best potting soil for your plants, AND the plants described above.
The Planter is made from 100% recycled plastic water bottles woven into a soft felt material, these pockets provide both proper air circulation and the correct balance of water retention and drainage that your plants need.
The plants in this collection are in the Semi-Shade light category. To learn more about what that means, click here to view the Successful Indoor Gardening page.
INDOOR - With a Reservoir - includes a military grade, built-in moisture barrier that wraps around the bottom of the Pocket, from back to front. This barrier creates a reservoir to ensure walls and floors don't get wet. The barrier also conserves water and helps to keep soil's nutrition in your Pocket. Best choice for INDOOR gardens.
OUTDOOR - Without a Reservoir -good for outdoor applications in rainy environments, it has a recessed moisture barrier that allows proper drainage when it rains.
How to HANG and WATER this Wally
Universal fasteners and wall anchors are all included. Wally pockets have grommets, spaced 22" apart, at the top of the pocket. All you need to do is screw included fasteners through the grommets and into the vertical surface you are planting on. Detailed instructions can be found here.
You can water by hand, or install an Automatic Irrigation System to do the watering for you. Click here for more information.
More about the plants...
- Peace lilies are among the very few air purifying plants that flower. They adapt well to low light, require weekly watering and are great cleaners of benzene (carcinogen found in paints and furniture wax) and acetone (emitted by electronics, adhesives, and cleaning products).
- Spider Plants or Airplane Plants are a great plant for beginner or busy gardeners. It reproduces quickly, growing long hanging stems which sprout plantlets. This plant will filter both formaldehyde (found in some pressed wood products including cabinetry, plywood paneling, and furniture) and benzene molecules.
- Heart leaf Philodendron is a climbing vine plant that is a natural workhorse for removing all kinds of VOCs, particularly formaldehyde. It does well with other plants requiring bright but sunless light conditions and moist by not wet soil. Please note that it is poisonous when eaten so it is not a good choice for those with children or pets who may eat the leaves.
- Golden Pothos is another easy care natural air cleaner. It tackles formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, and benzene particularly well.
- Boston Ferns are considered one of the most efficient air filters. It is a good idea to provide humidity for this plant to perform at its best.
- Hedera helix is another easy care houseplant which excels at absorbing formaldehyde and VOCs.