Arugula - Wally Three
Arugula - Wally Three
These healthy leafy greens are great for early spring and late fall as they thrive in cool weather. In fact, you can leave it to reseed in your garden over winter and it will be one of the first greens of spring. Arugula's oak leaf-shaped leaves grow in a loose bunch and taste peppery. The flowers are also edible and they make an attractive garnish.
All Pre-Planted in a Wally Three Pocket
This Pre-Planted Kit will come with a Planter (15" tall x 64" wide) in your choice of color, the best potting soil for your plants, AND the plants described above.
The Planter is made from 100% recycled plastic water bottles woven into a soft felt material, these pockets provide both proper air circulation and the correct balance of water retention and drainage that your plants need.
WANT TO ADD OTHER EDIBLE PLANTS? Just click add to cart then complete the form in the pop-up window to select your additional plants.
The plants in this collection are in the Direct Sun light category. To learn more about what that means click here to view the Successful Indoor Gardening page.
More about the Planter...
INDOOR - With a Reservoir - includes a military grade, built-in moisture barrier that wraps around the bottom of the Pocket, from back to front. This barrier creates a reservoir to ensure walls and floors don't get wet. The barrier also conserves water and helps to keep soil's nutrition in your Pocket. Best choice for INDOOR gardens.
OUTDOOR - Without a Reservoir -good for outdoor applications in rainy environments, it has a recessed moisture barrier that allows proper drainage when it rains.
How to HANG and WATER this Wally
Universal fasteners and wall anchors are all included. Wally pockets have grommets, spaced 22" apart, at the top of the pocket. All you need to do is screw included fasteners through the grommets and into the vertical surface you are planting on. Detailed instructions can be found here.
You can water by hand, or install an Automatic Irrigation System to do the watering for you. Click here for more information.
More about the Plants...
- Arugula needs to grow quickly for best quality. This can only be done by giving the plants everything they need.
- Soil: The soil is called upon to produce a lot of foliage in a short time, so it should be fertile, moisture retentive and well drained. *
- Water: These fast-growing plants must have all of the water they need for rapid growth. It is important that the soil is kept moist at all times. *
- Food: The main requirement for Arugula is nitrogen, but they also need moderate amounts of potassium and phosphorus. *
- Harvesting: You can plant these greens closer together than the variety requirements and then thin them out as they grow (eat the thinnings). You can thin them to a final spacing of 6" apart. Trim uniform green leaves of at least 4 to 5".*
- Did You Know?: Arugula is rich in Vitamins A and K, as well as folic acid. It is also good source of zinc, potassium, calcium and iron.*
- * Source: (www.smartgardener.com, 2014).